This article provides detailed guidance on exporting a phone number from CityNumbers to another service provider. It addresses common scenarios and essential steps required in the phone number porting process.
Step 1: Initiate the Porting Process
- The gaining communications provider must initiate the porting/migration process, as CityNumbers does not assist with the export process such as filling out a Letter of Authorization (LoA). For details please view Term # 19 in our Terms and Conditions. The gaining provider must reach out to the losing provider.
Step 2: Service Duration Requirement
- Ensure that the service has been active for at least 12 months, as porting/migration is only allowed after this period. For details please view Term # 19 in our Terms and Conditions.
Step 3: Completion of Export Process
- After receiving confirmation from the losing provider, CityNumbers will cancel the billing of the number and the account, if applicable. Note that no export fee is charged.
Can we cancel the number with CityNumbers and export it to another provider?
- No. In order for the export to be successful, the number must be live. This also includes having the billing account active.
Who do I get in touch with for more clarity/information on the export process?
- Get in touch with a support agent or a raise a new ticket via our support portal